England expanding schools program
Sept. 16, 2017 @ 0:40 UTC
England will expand its schools program over the coming academic year.
Over the past few months the ETA has organised, or help organise, successful pilot program and tournaments in Canterbury and Reading, and a number of affiliated clubs have also been working with schools in their local area.
In 2017/18 the ETA will be working with these clubs, providing a framework and support for their programs, and then giving schools competitive experience at tournaments at the end of the academic year.
The format, based on the successful national club Touch Series and University Touch Series, will be:
- Three regional tournaments in spring/early summer 2018
- Potential finals day to be held as part of the European Touch Championships in Nottingham in July 2018
- Age groups:
- U12 Mixed
- U13 Boys, Girls and Mixed
- U15 Boys, Girls and Mixed
- U18 Boys, Girls and Mixed
Age group Touch has been growing at an exponential rate over the past few years, and the talent pool for clubs and country alike has been getting stronger and stronger.